Thursday, February 19, 2009

Congress Seeks to Piggy Back Trader Tax on H.R. 676

Good morning,

I am pleased to say that the petition I put up yesterday at Rally Congress has already generated a fair amount of attention. This issue has obviously struck a nerve, and I am hoping that the public will become increasingly aware of this ill-conceived attack on all investors. Unfortunately, Washington is up to its usual tricks and has added a line item to H.R. 676: United States National Health Care Act or the Expanded and Improved Medicare for All Act seeking to institute “a small tax on stock and bond transactions” in addition to “a modest and progressive excise tax on payroll and self-employment income.”

Needless to say, I will be creating yet another petition later today, asking Congress to remove these provisions from the aforementioned bill.

As I side note, I called my Representative directly yesterday, and I urge you to do the same. You can look up the contact information for your Representative here.

4 comments:

  1. Rev: Was the trader tax included in the big Obama budget proposal on Thursday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted this on my facebook, and got a very positive response and lots of re postings by my conservative friends. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Rev, I love your work on Real Money and I started my own website about H.R. 1068. I'd love for you to check it out. http://notradertax.com/. I linked up to your petition there. Thanks, Eric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would never sign such a petition, because I am very favorable to such a tax!
    Why should the government (the tax payers who for the great majority never trade), pay to repair the damages that Wall Street itself has provoked!

    ReplyDelete